Sunday 13 January 2008

I'm a class teacher

It's me again... from now onwards, I'll only be able to update my journal entries at about once a month coz the internet connection at my school is controlled by websense (I'm not complaining coz the connection still very much serve its purpose in helping teachers with lessons and useful info).
As the topic goes, I'm now officially an English teacher and last week was full with all the administration stuff; registering the students, distributing textbook and timetables... etc. It was a relief compared than the 1st day though, coz I have something to do and just as busy as the other dedicated teachers in the school. I felt the sense of belongings!
By the way, I'm now the class teacher for class 4B; Beta, the other class being named Alpha. My class consist of 28 young teenagers; 11 girls and 17 boys. They all seem to be nice kids (just like other teachers told me) As mentioned before their only problem is low confidence that contribute towards their low proficiency in basically all of the subjects. And yes, I've gone through their report books and red coloured inks dominate most of the pages. It's not going to hamper me down though... as my lecturers and friends advised me before, I have to be optimist and I'm seeing it as my opportunity to grow up.
Plus> I've also received my timetables and I'll be teaching form 1, 3, and four. Only three classes adding up to only 16 periods per week which is the average periods for us in the school. I'm not going to let the small amount of periods fool me coz I know that there's a lot of preparation and planning needed for this early stage especially with the virtually different sets of students here.
I think that's all so far bout my academic duty. I'll be posting some of my thoughts on what I've planned for my kids. Do comment if you like. Till I surf again. XOXO
Cikgu Faisal
1540/ Bandar Sandakan
p/s: Remember my promise bout the river? Basically, it's a very wide river with waist-deep clear water. A very refreshing place that made my life in Tongod even more enjoyable. But I heard that Cat's place has an even more beautiful river (but deeper, mind you I still cant swim! hehehe). I'll be checking it out soon.

1 comment:

AinHadhira said...

helloo...check out my blog jugak, ainhadhira.blogspot.com
i need all the help i can get as well...how to fight illiteracy in Form 3???
i wanna check out ur river also. CNY hols takde plan ke?am still using my maxis no.